Felting Needles - 11 different sizes and types to choose
Felting Needles will get blunt after using for a period of time and it will increase the risk of breaking. It is a good idea to have a few extra needles in each size just for in case.
We have the biggest selection of felting needle in NZ. They are carefully selected to suit different felting projects.
From 32 gauge (for coarse wool ) to 42 gauge (super fine needles)
- 32G Triangle – sturdy needle for heavy duty work and bigger items. Best use with coarse wool/raw wool, not suitable for details work or Merino wool (9cm in length)
- 36G Triangle – Standard good beginner’s needle
- 38G Triangle – All-purpose needle, finer beginner’s needle with smoother surface
- 40G Triangle – A fine gauge all-purpose needle and can be used for finishing work. also good for working with Merino wool
- 36G Reverse/Unfelter - this needle with backwards notches. It pulls fiber inside out instead of felting it in! It uses for untangles felted fiber and also can be use for creating some special effects on the surface of a blended colours projects.
- 38G Star - for making shapes quickly with smoother surfaces and good penetration
- 38G Star Twisted – Star & Twist in one needle. Strong & Extra fast felting. Excellent for making shapes and leaves smaller marks on the surface. Also good for working with Merino wool.
- 38G Spiral (Twisted) – good for deep penetration and hardening
- 40G Spiral (Twisted) – Ultra dense & gives a very smooth finish. Good for working with Merino wool.
- 42G Triangle – extra fine needle for finishing, adding fine details for sculptures and excellent for 2 D felting (wool painting). Good for working with Merino wool
- 42G Crown – 1 barb each side. Excellent for 2 D felting and adding fine details for sculptures. Good for working Merino wool. It can be use as rooting needle for dolls making.
To keep your felting needles safe and tidy you can click here to buy a felting needles container to store them. They are from $1.50 each.
Notice: These needles are sharp and should be use with care, we recommend to be use by ages 8 and up , 12 and under with adult supervision.
All Felting needles are for dry felting, they may rust if exposed to water.